- Every team must have insurance to cover injury and damages, with evidence.
- Driver must be aged 8 minimum to take part in the Individuals, Family and Friends or Under 12’s category or the Charities and Community Groups category.
- Drivers must be over the age of 14 to take part in the Business category.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must have parental permission.
- Soapboxes can be entered into more than one competition race.
- Up to 8 persons per team with one driver per race entered.
- Soapboxes will be inspected for loose ends or sharp edges prior to racing.
- Scrutineer’s decision is final.
- Teams are responsible for ongoing risk assessments before and during the event and, if at any point their Soapbox vehicle becomes unsafe for use, they must withdraw from competition.
- All drivers must wear a helmet.
- Drivers must be covered – long sleeved tops and long trousers are compulsory.
- Drivers must remain seated at all times, failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- The organisers have the right to refuse entry or withdraw entry of any kart or driver if in their opinion they pose a threat of injury either to themselves or others.
- Trophies will be given to overall winners.
- Novelty prizes will be given for Best Designed Soapbox and Best Team Costume.
- Competition entry number must be displayed on the soapbox vehicle
For Soapbox Race specific personal liability insurance with a notable company from just £9.70, please call 01494 484800 or visit: